Our vision calls us to be involved in our local and global communities and to live our faith through our actions, transforming both ourselves and the world around us.
Feeding San Diego at St. Bart's
- We provide free food distribution every Sunday 2 p.m. until food is gone. This food distribution is open to everyone! No forms to fill out. No income requirements. You do not need to be a member of our church. Just show up and get the food you need. Please bring your own bag. All are welcome - no exceptions! St. Bart's members are needed to volunteer for food pick up on Sunday mornings or as distribution volunteers at 1:30 p.m. on Sundays. Learn more about Feeding San Diego at St. Bart's.
- St. Bartholomew's volunteers serve breakfast to more than 125 people at the ICS site in Escondido on the 4th Wednesday of each month at 6 a.m.
- Volunteer servers help prepare and serve dinner to residents of the Interfaith Recovery Center from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Sundays each month. The Center provides a safe place for homeless and low-income individuals to recover from drug and alcohol abuse in a long-term residential setting. Contact Jill Henderson, 760-807-8445, for more information regarding this and other Interfaith opportunities.
St. Bartholomew's members help those in at special times during the year.
- Thanksgiving Baskets provide families in transitional housing with a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. St. Bart's members take a basket and shopping list, fill the basket with items to complete a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, then return the filled basket to St. Bart's the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Our delivery team inserts recipes and cooking instructions before delivering baskets. Additional information about this ministry is provided a few weeks before Thanksgiving.
- Angel Tree - a program of prison fellowship - provides Christmas gifts to children whose parents are incarcerated. Volunteers are needed to contact children's guardians to find get their wish list. St. Bart’s members select their "angels" and shop for Christmas gifts. The gifts are provided to parents so that they can provide a Christmas gifts to their children. Wish list volunteers are needed in October. Angel selection happens in November.
- St. Bart's hosts homeless individuals and families for two weeks each year through the Interfaith Rotational Shelter Program. We provide meals, overnight accommodations, and transportation to our guests. St. Bart's ministries and members volunteer to set up, provide meals and clean up. The rotational shelter arrives at the beginning of the year, so look for volunteer sign-ups in December.
Epiphanie School - Loranette, Haiti
- St. Bartholomew's provides financial support for Epiphanie School in Loranette, Haiti. Our support provides one meal a day for each child, school supplies, and teachers’ salaries. Learn more about our outreach in Haiti.
Vida Joven de Mexico - Tijuana, Baja California
- St. Bartholomew's supports a child at the orphanage in Tijuana, providing funding for his care and gifts for special occasions. We also build friendships through visits.